October 5, 2014
Built in 1925 the Los Angeles Hall of Justice has been renovated and will reopen in just a few days.
To name just a few of the historic events that occurred within its walls over the past 90-years.
- Bugsy Siegel booked and trial
- Elizabeth “Black Dahlia” autopsy performed in basement
- Marilyn Monroe autopsy performed in basement
- Robert Kennedy autopsy performed in basement
- Charles Manson and his “Family” jailed and trials
- George Hodel LA County Health Dept Office in building
- George Hodel booked and trial for child molest and incest
- DA Lt. Jemison’s office and interview of George Hodel as “Prime Dahlia Suspect”
- DA Sgt. Walter Morgan office and Hodel Black Dahlia investigation files housed
- DA Lt. Jemison interview of Black Dahlia witness Mady Comfort conducted
For those interested in some of the history surrounding the Hall of Justice including:
DA Lt. Frank Jemison and Sgt. Walter Morgan, I have included a PDF containing the complete Chapter 9 as found in Black Dahlia Avenger II.
Black Dahlia Avenger Chapter 9 (click below link)