Black Dahlia Avenger II -2014 Revised Ed. (576 pages)
Published May 11, 2014
Five New Investigative Chapters added to this 2014 edition
(NOTE: THIS NEW 2014 EDITION MAY TAKE SEVERAL DAYS TO GO ON LINE AT AMAZON?
IT IS IDENTIFIED BY THE YELLOW STAR BLAST 2014 AND “FIVE NEW CHAPTERS”)
Los Angeles, California
I have just completed updating my past two years of ongoing investigation into the 1940s Los Angeles Lone Woman Murders as originally presented in the 2012 publication of Black Dahlia Avenger II.
This 2014 edition includes five (5) new chapters:
Chapter 23-LAPD Historical Society—The New Evidence
Chapter 24-Odor Mortis—The Smell of Death
Chapter 25-The KMEX-Univision Interviews
Chapter 26-Murder as a Fine Art: The Hodel/Man Ray Nexus
Chapter 27-Biometrics: New Photo Forensics
In addition to the new evidence and linkage further connecting my father the the many crimes BDA II 2014 has undergone a complete editorial revision.
To that end, I would like to here take the opportunity to thank and praise my editor, veteran journalist and bestselling author, Ron Franscell. Ron took on the challenge and using his editorial brush (made of steel) scrubbed down every chapter in both the original 2012 and this 2014 updated edition. Ron manged to free the seaweed from the propeller as well as knock off all the clinging barnacles which held fast to the book’s hull. A miraculous cleaning fore-and-aft/stem to stern. Book Dr. Ron comes highly recommended. Go to school on me--always use an editor. And, in my book, they don’t come any better than Ron Franscell. See his author/editor-book-doctor webpage here.
I would also like to thank and give high praise to the remarkable work done by Aubrey Hansen, author, screenwriter and book-formatter extraordinaire, who completely redesigned BDA II’s interior which included her artful selection and insertion of much improved fonts as well as the massive reorganization, positioning and replacement of 576 pages of text and over 300 photo-exhibits. Thank you Aubrey for a difficult job WELL DONE.
Black Dahlia Avenger II 2014 revised edition is now available in both print and eBook formats.
1940s Lone Woman Murder Victims Map Showing KILLER’S UNIQUE LONE WOMAN CRIME SIGNATURE
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
BDA II Overview:
In Black Dahlia Avenger II bestselling author and veteran LAPD homicide detective Steve Hodel presents his eight-year follow-up investigation [2006-2014] into the Los Angeles Black Dahlia and other serially connected 1940s L.A. Lone Woman Murders. After the 2003 publication of his NYT bestseller and MWA Edgar nominated true-fact crime book, Black Dahlia Avenger: A Genius for Murder, and receiving a “CASE SOLVED” legal opinion from many of LA’s top law enforcement officials-which included a then active Head Deputy District Attorney and LAPD’s Chief of Detectives-Hodel didn’t stop there. In this investigative sequel he presents his careful deconstruction of the Dahlia Myth-exposing and correcting the Black Dahlia Murder’s Three Greatest Urban Myths:
Myth No. 1 – “It was a standalone murder”
Myth No. 2 – “There was a Missing or Lost Week”
Myth No. 3 – “The case was never solved.
2006-2014 Investigation Includes:
• The obtaining of Dr. George Hodel’s full DNA PROFILE which can now be made available for law enforcement testing and comparison to multiple cold case unsolved crimes.
• Discovery of the Hollywood residence where the BLACK DAHLIA MURDER was committed along with physical evidence connecting the killer to the house and to the vacant lot where he later transported and posed the victim’s surgically bisected body.
• Identification of “The Baron,” George Hodel’s house-guest and accomplice overheard by detectives discussing “crimes and payoffs” on the 1950 DA bugging tapes.
• New expert medical testimony and evidence photos proving – “A Doctor did it.”
• Complete original and unabridged 1950 DA-Hodel Black Dahlia Bugging Transcripts. [146 pages]
• THE HUSTON LETTERS – Personal correspondence between famed film director, John Huston and his ex-wife, Dorothy Huston Hodel [the author’s mother] covering the years 1948-1957. In these private letters Dorothy shares with John the day to day personal fear and terror she was experiencing living with George Hodel, as the doctor threatened her and the children with physical harm in the months just prior to his fleeing the country
• A World Class Surrealist Photographer reveals his firsthand knowledge of the crimes.• Over 300 photographs and crime exhibits including the 1969 Sowden House 17-Photo Historical Survey.
- Five New Chapters  containing: crime scene forensic results; new evidence advancing the “Murder as a Fine Art” crime-signature; newly discovered LAPD physical evidence that may yield potential suspect DNA and a 2014 biometric facial recognition analysis and comparison to known victim photographs.