Black Dahlia Interview with “Truth Be Told” Host Tony Sweet

October 8, 2021
For those who were not able to watch the interview live here’s a link to see the full show. Runs for about 90 minutes. Enjoyed my conversation with Tony Sweet at his Burbank Studio.  Also, got to announce the pending publication of my new two-book-set “The Early Years” presenting my father’s crimes from the 1920s and 1930s.  Book covers first released and shown in the below YouTube video. Thanks Tony!
Note:  The introduction volume is a bit low, but,  increases at the start of the interview.

Tony Sweet and Steve Hodel “Black Dahlia Avenger” Interview

1. Dr Daniel B Taylor on October 9, 2021 at 3:46 am

Great interview Steve !

• Steve Hodel on October 9, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Dr. T: Thanks. Great to do in-studio which allows for a more personal feel to the interview over Zoom.

2. Steven Uanna on October 10, 2021 at 4:46 pm

Steve, I’m wondering when your father first met Salvador Dali. Also, was Dali in Los Angels at the time of Elizabeth’s murder? And do you know who the 12 members of Dali’s Zodiac Group that was formed in 1932 were?
    I can only find the Marquis George de Cuevas who was married to Mary Rockefeller Strong.
    Thanks, Steve

• Steve Hodel on October 10, 2021 at 5:24 pm

Steven U:
      Don’t know if they met or not in person? Have to think there was a good chance they did because of the close connections and friendship between Man Ray and Dalia back then and the fact both worked on SPELLBOUND, the movie and Dali’s Dream Sequence in the mid Forties in Hollywood. Sorry, no don’t recall seeing the actual names of the original Dali Zodiac Group supporters back in the early 30s.

3. Jess Waid on October 10, 2021 at 6:55 pm

Fascinating, informative and a very interesting interview. Am looking forward to your next two books. In ’47, I resided only blocks away from the Franklin House in Hollywood, and I recall the articles in the L.A. newspapers. A shocking memory.
    Jess Waid (Ret. Lt., RHD, LAPD)

• Steve Hodel on October 10, 2021 at 7:57 pm

Hi Jess:
      Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
      And, thanks for your many years of service to the citizens of Los Angeles with LAPD.
      Yes, “The Early Years” will be as shocking as what has come before, but it all fits together.
      Shooting for a November 6th release. Best, Steve

4. Dan Lackey on October 10, 2021 at 8:19 pm

Hi Steve,
    It’s been awhile. I knew you were busy with The Early Years & the mini-series, so I haven’t kept quite as close in touch. I’m certainly looking forward to the 2 vol. The Early Years. I have been curious for awhile, about GHH’s teen years & 20’s. (childhood as well). I have seen the photos of his childhood home, & it does have almost fantasy or fairy-tale touch. The fireplace has a Hansel & Gretel feel. The little Lord Fauntleroy, or royal prince growing up in S. Pasadena. His parents adored him apparently, but obviously did him a disservice by treating him as an elite. — I noticed this morning that it was GHH’s birthday and that prompted me to check in and to see updates. Best Regards, Dan

5. Steve Hodel on October 10, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Hi Dan:
    Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Yes, finally at the end of the road with “The Early Years.”
    Thought it would be one book, but just too much crime.
    George started as a teen and never stopped. It Will be as shocking as
    what came later, but I leave it for the reader to decide. As I said on
    the interview, what is so amazing is his past proves his future and his
    future verifies his past. Shooting for Nov 6th, my birthday.
    Stay tuned, lot more to come.
    Best, Steve

6. Dan Lackey on October 11, 2021 at 9:56 am

Hi. Steve,
    Happy Birthday in advance
    My birthday is Nov. 27, 61, 20 years & 21 days difference. I will be reaching 60. Just 2 years older than you were when the investigation of GHH began. It’s ironic that you had a better relationship with George, than many of your siblings, yet it has fallen on you to investigate his crimes. A good point was made in the interview. Since you can pass for 65, George could have easily passed for 45. He wasn’t much older than me in 1969. He mentioned in his taunts to the police, that he was in disguise when he did his thing, so he did something to take a few years off. He didn’t have to do much, since he didn’t look his age, at that time anyway.

• Steve Hodel on October 11, 2021 at 10:29 am

Hi Dan:
      Yes, as relates to Zodiac, the age thing is the most difficult for most people to accept. Without knowing the details and most being unaware of the second and third composites they simple rule out any possibility that GHH could be Zodiac on physical appearance alone. They say, “No Way.” But, then when the best witness, SFPD officer Donald Fouke reluctantly comes forward and assists with the original composite and states in an interview “age 35-45, but more like the high end(45).” And we see the second and third composites which are pretty much “picture perfect” to GHH and how he looked in 1969, then that opens the door and all the rest of the evidence/linkage followed. All best to your and yours and Happy 60th Birthday in a few weeks.

7. Patricia ONeill on October 11, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Steve, just finished & enjoyed your interview! One unknown (to me) fact you related jumped out at me and has my imagination spinning! GHH & William Parker quite possibly knew each other as young men as cab drivers in LA.?! Did they pal around on off hours, going to bars, meeting young women etc. as is normal for young men & women? That possibility opens up a whole new spectrum on your father’s relationship to the LAPD! This could have far deeper roots t.o the crimes committed than realized! I also had a strong reaction to one of your statements when people criticized you for exposing your suspicions & (IMO) some strong evidence against your father…..your statement: “How could you not?”…..(expose him). And there is the “crux” of your personality versus your father’s. You probably were always one who spoke his mind, and perhaps suffered some social consequences for it. GHH, smart dude that he was, realized this about you and “kept you close to his heart” because basically he feared you!😱 Good to see 2 volumes coming in the “Early Years”👍. Do hope you will do a similar presentation on the Zodiac killings!! You’re killin’ Steve💪!

• Steve Hodel on October 11, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Patricia O:
      Thanks for kind words as always Patricia.
      Don’t know specifically about any additional GHH/Bill Parker “connections” through the years.
      But, I can promise you other “connections” to LAPD officers will become boldly apparent in “The Early Years” for sure. Had to totally reevaluate what he “had on them” after these latest findings. Stay tuned, pretty wild ride for sure. Best, Steve

8. Patricia ONeill on October 11, 2021 at 6:28 pm

Correction: Your killin’ it Steve💪!